Spring is here!

In the woods of Haltiala, 80 minutes, +4ºC/+40ºF
26.3.2014, in the morning

(The weather was great, so, I decided to bike into the woods and meditate for a while.)

The sun is shining and I can feel its warmth on my skin and clothes. I sit for a long while. I hear interesting noises and sounds around me. Birds are singing, a woodpecker is hammering somewhere in the distance. The hum from cars is muted, I can barely hear it because of the wind. Now and then I can detect single a cracks, clinks or rustles. I open my eyes couple of times but don’t see anything special.

Maybe after 30 minutes I stand up and but decide to continue sitting. I notice that the sun is going behind a tree trunk and I promise myself that I’m going to sit that long that I can observe the sensations of the shadow. I’m thinking that maybe after the sun is coming out again, I can feel some kind of special or particular sensation: deep joy or something.

When the sun is behind the tree I feel the coldness of the shadow, but the wind has calmed down, so, the temperature is not that bad. I wait. When the sun is shining into my eyes again, I feel some kind of willingness to surrender. Even this aim to surrender is a bit blurry, this is the word what comes into my mind. My body and the tightness I now notice in my stomach are getting relaxed. It feels good to inhale and exhale. I can see bright light in my eyes and I feel that my mind is clear and calm. I sit there for a while and observe the sensations on my face and body. I’m at peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment